Turkey on the Table
With all the fast paced shopping and Black Friday sales, many people lose sight of Thanksgiving! The time when we sit with family and take time to say what we’re thankful for, and reflect on the blessings we’ve received. Isn’t that how all families do it?
Well, I can honestly say, that’s NOT at all what our Thanksgivings look like at my house. The kids are running wild, nobody can sit still…things are CRAZY! So the question is, how can we get the kids to sit still long enough to have a family discussion about thankfulness? Well, Learning Express has an option, Turkey on the Table.
Turkey on the Table is an awesome new product that will start a tradition of giving thanks AND give back at the same time. For every Turkey on the Table sold, the company provides 10 meals to people in need through their partnership with Feeding America. For more information about the company, click here!
Here’s how it works.
- Display your turkey in a visible place in your home.
- Your turkey should start with no feathers.
- Each day write down something you are thankful for on one side of a feather.
- Continue to add a “Thankful Feather” each day to your turkey.
- On Thanksgiving Day, proudly display your fully dressed Turkey on the Table and read the Thankful Feathers aloud.
- Take a moment to remember that you have provided meals to the less fortunate.
- Keep your Thankful Feathers as a reminder of all the things you have to be thankful for!